Vermont Wood Industry Websites
- The Vermont Woodworking School
We are a small woodworking and furniture-making school in a historic barn turned modern woodworking facility. We offer short classes and workshops, and have thirty benches for students in our long-term education programs. We offer an Immersion Program and host Burlington College’s Craftsmanship and Design Degrees and Certificates.
- Working Lands Enterprise Initiative
The 2012 Legislative session brought with it a renewed commitment to Vermonter’s values by passing the Working Lands Enterprise initiative for the management and investment of $1 million into agricultural and forestry based businesses.
- Skilled Workforce Initiative for Wood Manufacturing
The Regional Wood Products Consortium is implementing an initiative for the secondary wood products manufacturing industry to enable the industry to build the robust, highly skilled workforce necessary to be economically competitive in the global marketplace of the 21st century.
- Vermont Wood Products Industry Portal
Portal website for VT woodworking with links to industry projects.
- The Guild of Vermont Furniture Makers
30 Vermont Craftsmen, one website.
- Vermont Woodnet
Providing education and networking opportunities for woodworkers in Vermont.
- Vermont Woodshop & Forest Tours: The Vermont Forest Heritage Trail
Visit woodshops and managed forests that are an integral part of Vermont's rural working landscape.
- The Essential Buyers Guide
The Essential Buyers Guide allows consumers to view furniture, woodenware, toys and games, building supplies, carvings and architectural wood products from over 100 Vermont wood artisans.
- Vermont Wood Design Competition
Annual Vermont Woodworking Design Competition for professionals and students in Vermont.
- Vermont Fine Furniture & Woodworking Festival
Annual exhibition & celebration of Vermont wood craftsmen and their product.
Other Useful Links
- VHCB Vermont Farm & Forest Viability Program
The Vermont Farm & Forest Viability Program offers one-on-one, in-depth business planning, technical assistance and management coaching to Vermont farm, food and forestry enterprises in order to improve the economic viability of Vermont's working landscape.
- Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund Flexible Capital Fund
The VSJF Flexible Capital Fund (the “Flex Fund”) recognizes that companies in rural areas like Vermont tend to be smaller and work on a less-than global scale, offering a return on investment that does not always meet venture capital levels.
- Vermont Dept. of Forests, Parks & Recreation
- USDA Value-Added Wood Products Marketing Guide for Manufacturers & Entrepreneurs
The focus of this guide is on providing "how to" advice to small wood products businesses throughout the United States for the necessary activity of marketing
- Directory of Vermont Wood Manufacturers and Crafters
- Northern Woodlands Magazine:
Includes the quarterly stumpage report from University of Vermont Extension.
- Forest Inventory
Northeast Forest Inventory and Analysis(USFS) including state summaries and access to the Eastwide Database tool for inventory analysis.
- Northeast Experiment Station
Access to Forest Service Research resources and researchers.
- Vermont Manufacturing Extension Center
Access to Vermont Manufacturing Extension Center.